North Toledo Bend State Park is located off LA 3229 about six miles west of Zwolle in Sabine Parish. Situated in the rolling pine forests bordering Toledo Bend Reservoir, one of the country's prime fishing lakes, the park offers a boat launch area, featuring boat rentals and a fish cleaning station. Boat Ramp lowest usable level 163 msl.
Organizations associated with the Toledo Bend Reservoir host numerous freshwater fishing competitions which attract fishermen from around the country.
In the main building is a meeting room which can be reserved for group functions.
Admission: $3 per person; free for Seniors (62 and over) and children 3 and under.
A long time favorite with locals and visitors, North Toledo Bend State Park offers the visitor rolling uplands and interconnected ravines and valleys. Mixed pine and hardwood forest covers most of the park. The park amenities offer year round versatility and appeal. Once you discover it, you'll return year after year to enjoy either the log cabins with fireplaces, or the beautifully designed RV park. Many say this is one of the best state park designs in the system because of the beauty and privacy offered in the RV area.
- RV pad amperage: 30 and 50 Amp.
- RV Details: 63 pads with water, electricity.
- Lodging Details: Full kitchens in cabins, grills at all cabins.
- Meeting facilities: Two outdoor pavilions (40 people each), one meeting room (up to 60 people, by reservation only).
- Food & Refreshments: Liquor/beer within seven miles. Restaurants nearby in Zwolle.
- Fishing & Boating amenities: Two fishing piers, fish cleaning area, boat ramp, boat rental.
- Recreational-related amenities: Swimming pool, one-mile nature trail, four-mile hiking trail, playground.
- Handicap access: Two cabins and some camp sites have handicapped access.
- Pets: This is a pet-friendly facility- no pets in buildings however. All pets must be on at least 5-foot leash.
- NTBSP can also be rented for weddings -$300 wedding fee in addition to rental fees for pavilion or meeting room.
- The Dogwood Trail Nature Walk is a 1 1/2 mile interpretive loop, and a four mile hiking/biking trail winds through the forest.
- From August 1 through Labor Day, pools will be open on modified schedules. Please check with the park for specific days and hours of operation. All pool schedules are subject to change.
Pools are open Memorial Day weekend to August 1 and closed Monday-Wednesday for maintenance, except for holiday Mondays. When pools are open on a holiday Monday, the pools will be closed for maintenance on the Tuesday-Thursday following the holiday Monday.
- Deluxe Cabins-10 available; $150-$175 per night, sleeps up to 6 people with 1 double bed, 2 single beds and 1 sofa sleeper.
- Group Camp-$600 per night; includes dining hall, kitchen and 5 dormitories, accommodates up to 150 people.
- Campsites- $20-$33 per night year round.
$6.00 processing fee will be charged the first night. All major credit cards. accepted.
- $50/day 2 available; Maximum Occupancy of 40 people, each.
- *Units are equipped with electrical lighting and grills/fire rings.
- $100/day plus tax Capacity is 60 people for both Conference and Theatre set-ups