North Toledo Bend State Park is located off LA 3229 about six miles west of Zwolle in Sabine Parish. Situated in the rolling pine forests bordering Toledo Bend Reservoir, one of the country's prime fishing lakes, the park offers a boat launch area, featuring boat rentals and a fish cleaning station. Boat Ramp lowest usable level 163 msl.
Organizations associated with the Toledo Bend Reservoir host numerous freshwater fishing competitions which attract fishermen from around the country.
A spacious and attractive Visitor Center complex contributes to the parks year-round versatility and appeal. In the main building is a meeting room which can be reserved for group functions.
Travel Advisory: The Swimming pool is closed and is anticipated to open late July. Also within the complex is an Olympic-size swimming pool and a bath-house. A concession area and laundry complete the complex and provide visitors with all the conveniences for a long or short stay in the park. Overnight accommodations include 63 RV campsites, 10 vacation cabins and a group camp for overnight guests.
Admission: $2 per person; free for Seniors (62 and over) and children 3 and under.
A long time favorite with locals and visitors, North Toledo Bend State Park offers the visitor rolling uplands and interconnected ravines and valleys. Mixed pine and hardwood forest covers most of the park. The park amenities offer year round versatility and appeal. Once you discover it, you'll return year after year to enjoy either the log cabins with fireplaces, or the beautifully designed RV park. Many say this is one of the best state park designs in the system because of the beauty and privacy offered in the RV area.
- RV pad amperage: 30 and 50 Amp.
- RV Details: 63 pads with water, electricity.
- Lodging Details: Full kitchens in cabins, one pay phone onsite, grills at all cabins.
- Meeting facilities: Two outdoor pavilions (40 people each), one meeting room (up to 60 people, by reservation only).
- Food & Refreshments: Liquor/beer within seven miles. Bill & Sissy's Restaurant nearby in Zwolle.
- Fishing & Boating amenities: Two fishing piers (also with three cabins), fish cleaning area, boat ramp, boat rental.
- Recreational-related amenities: Swimming pool, one-mile nature trail, four-mile hiking trail, playground.
- Handicap access: Two cabins and some camp sites have handicapped access.
- Pets: This is a pet-friendly facility- no pets in buildings however. All pets must be on at least 5-foot leash.
- Deluxe Cabins-10 available; $120 per night, sleeps up to 6 people with 1 double bed, 2 single beds and 1 sofa sleeper.
- Group Camp-$500 per night; includes dining hall, kitchen and 5 dormitories, accommodates up to 150 people.
- Campsites- $16-$18 per night year round.
$6.00 processing fee will be charged the first night. All major credit cards. accepted.
North Toledo Park Road, Zwolle, LA 71486